Sunday 24 November 2013

John James Leathem TRUTH HURTS, for my brother


This doc originally published 2013, Update 2016....

 





It was a month after the Royal Commission he died just about the time I got my thank-you note from the Royal Commission, I just found out 3rd December this month from a stranger on the internet after I saw images of my brother on a group Sydney history site, there he was "the street man" the aimless the hopeless, a great image for any budding photographer or artists apparently because many have taken his image thrown him a beer or two.

So this kind stranger lead me to this FB page Newtown Neighbourhood Centre which has this image





 




Below originally published Sunday 3rd November 2013
When I started my blog it was with an agenda it was not that important for me to let the world know of my family history, as I was content with my sons knowing what I had researched and hopeful we keep it this time.
Everyone has baggage I have enough to sink the titanic, the boat would not even of left the dock, it would have sunk before it set sail. 
So I am unloading my heaviest bag, I am sick of carrying it alone, I want to let it lose on the world and see what comes of it.

I don’t know what will come of it, like throwing dice they land as they will, lets hope mine are not loaded. 




Dear Johnno

No Karma is as bad as this
unborn karma took its first twist
At birth the hang man’s noose
around the neck took the first breath

“Blue Apples a babe is born
No sense no rational most gone
Oh sweet babe born to a mother and fathers despair
This karma they could no share

Mother fights it with induced bliss
Father fights it with his fists
Siblings don’t understand
they wipe you off their hands

So Johnno grows in to a man.
the body did grow But the mind did stop
So Johnno is Tick Tick tock
Can’t keep good time on a broken clock

Poor old Johnno living in a crack
Alcohol broke your back
You’re a man with a mind that did not grow old
Yet you can buy alcohol

I tell no story is a fact
Your body moved on
Your mind kicked back
and given no slack jack

The government not free of abuse
A file here a file there
Here a file there a file everywhere a file file.
Hopefully you will disappear

Go away John Doe.
We don’t know you
We don’t care
We will destroy your files in 7 years.

I have no excuse for what I have done what I could do.
Many long years or so I have been begging too
To a government that has no ears
for a shiralee who’s only possessions are tears

A breath of life,
a hard park bench at night
In the Starlight Hotel
A drunken slumber

Avoid the nightmare hell
Where Johnno in dreams does dwell
Come in alone
Go out the same.

So great your karma
So evil in intention
So peculiar your life’s detention
Trapped by bondage unseen

The scorn of many fell on you
your yoke weighed down by others sins
Undeserving un-forgiven
Go away

Become invisible be no more
you are never to knock on the door 
you will never be allowed in
suffer for your fathers sins

So I say good night to the soul
that will wonder aimlessly
Through a strife filled life
And I sleep with torment dreams of a family history

As I wake in the morning
I peep through my lashes
And my nightmares burn to ashes
The lord my soul did keep

But my brother still wonders the street.




This is a image taken by #Mervyn-Fitzhenry






1 comment:

  1. Wow really heart wrenching!!! Can't believe he has had no help. Wish I could fix what has been done. No person should be forced to go through such a thing!!!

    ReplyDelete