Sunday 27 October 2013

Aria, George Aubrey (1904-1962) Sydney Australia. An Australian Black and white artists, caricaturist, painter and advertising agent.



Written on the back of these black and white sketch art is "Mozart & Chopan." Here is some image's of Chopan and Mozart I nicked of the net, don't tell on me, not too bad "A".

                                                               Chopan 


                                                                Mozart
   
Aria, Aubrey (1904-1962)
Also known as. Aria, George (1904-1962). Aria, George Aubrey (1904-1962). Aria (1904-1962)
Black & white art; Correspondence school director.
Mid’ 20th century Sydney cartoonist, caricaturist, painter and advertising agent. Aria drew war cartoons for Smith's Weekly and created the comic strips 'The Aria Kids' and 'Mr Tutt', both of which ran for several years.





I found this art at the top of this page one day snooping around Opp’ shops as I am known to do, I often find treasures, luck? No I don’t think so.

These things come to me and I need to work out who and what are you? He is not related to me, but I have adopted him.



Western Argus Kalgoorlie, WA
18 Dec 1934
Advertising
                             THE
                      A-R-I-A-KIDS
                       NO. 3. NO.3.
                             FUN.
                        LAUGHTER.
                       MERRIMENT
                             FOR
                      THE CHILDREN
                DON'T MISS THIS COPY
                        1/ -COPY- 1/.
                    POSTED 1/3 COPY.

          FROM HOCKING AND , Co. LTD.

A link to trove's page image of some of Aubrey's work.



In any case I will be putting this on ebay soon probably later, although I love this, I love my next generation (10) that is coming soon, so I have to flog of some of my collections for my precious gem to come.

May be a relative of Aubrey wants this in their collection, or just someone with too much money and just wants “STUFF”
I don’t believe he had children of his own, in some research I read some time back, he hung out with some of the Tumut people in art schools about Sydney, I will troll for it again see what I find.




.

No comments:

Post a Comment